1. This week it was the Chinese Lantern Festival in Auckland. Or should I say is? The last night is tonight but we went on Thursday. Being an Aucklander for almost four years now I can’t believe I had never gone before! The lanterns were very pretty and it was cool to see the Chinese New Year being celebrated. There are heaps of lanterns that depicted old Chinese fables and things which were interesting.
2. Sometimes living in the CBD makes me forget about nature and greenery and areas not covered in tall buildings. Or that I can find that without driving for an hour! This week I made an effort to go for walks to places that aren’t busy streets. The photo above was taken on a Friday night stroll I took with Luther down to the waterfront and we watched a cruise ship go out. It is so nice to get out after being cooped up in the office all week.
3. I was a fan of Serial and have been looking for a new podcast ever since that ended. I stumbled across the Accidental Creative Podcast. Not only is it sound advice for those in or wanting a creative career, it is also just really nice to listen to.
4. I bought some buckwheat on a whim. I had no idea how to cook it or what to do with it. I’ve done a little experimentation and so far I am at 1 success v 1 failure. You can read more about that here.
5. I’m not a big cricket fan but I am a sports watcher. I wholeheartedly support my team and it was no different yesterday. It was the Black Caps v Australia so we had it on and at first I wasn’t paying too much attention ’cause Cricket is normally boring, right? It was crazy tense!!! But our boys came through and Brendon McCullum is a trooper. Imagine getting hit by a ball going 150km/hr. He kept playing!
That was my week. How was yours?