I promise I was creative today! I started a Pokemon embroidery thinking that it would be little and not take very long. But it always takes longer than I expect. It just looks like a blob right now so I’ll finish it up and show you tomorrow? In the meantime, here is one of my most recent projects. The Moneta dress from the Coletterie.
When I embarked on this project it would be the first time I had attempted clothes making in two years! And a stretch fabric no less. Needless to say, I was mildly terrified.
Thank fully this pattern is at a beginner level. It took me about 6 hours of sewing, plus extra cutting out the pattern pieces. There were two parts that I found a little difficult: hemming the neckline and attaching the bodice to the skirt with elastic. The latter was my own fault, having not bought any of the clear elastic which would have made it much easier. The neckline was fiddly and attempting it at midnight was probably not the best idea. When I tried it again in the morning it was easy!
One thing I didn’t consider when using a digital pattern is the amount of time spent putting the paper together. If you get a digital pattern go get it printed on a large A2 sheet or similar. It will save yourself hours!
I really like this dress and will probably make another one. It was super comfy and even has pockets!!!
The pattern is available over at Colette Patterns.
I made this in August last year and it has worn out already because I loved it so much.